EMAIL THIS PAGE PRINT THIS PAGE
Please consider making a monetary donation to Shepherd's Table. Doing so is quick and easy. Your generosity makes all of our services possible and enables us to open our doors year round, regardless of the weather. Your financial gifts make a critical difference in the range of services we can afford to provide our clients.
There are three simple ways to make a monetary donation:
- Send a check. Please make your check out to The Shepherd's Table, Inc. and send it to Shepherd's Table, Attn: Jacki Coyle, Executive Director, 8210A Colonial Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- Click the link. Clicking on the link located on our homepage will take you to the Shepherd's Table page at the Network for Good, the Internet’s leading charitable resource. You can make a secure, online donation there. The Network for Good is endorsed by the Better Business Bureau.
- Give at work. Federal employees and those with a United Way workplace giving program can designate contributions through their respective Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) or United Way campaign. Our United Way number is 8964. Our CFC number is 79985.
“In-kind donations” are specific items, from bread to safety razors, medication to used clothing, that are in high demand at our facility. Donations of these items allow us to use our operating funds to provide the greatest range of services possible. If you are interested in organizing a food or clothing drive, please let us know at 301-585-6463. If you can, try to target your drive to items that can be found on our wish list page. We accept in-kind donations at Progress Place, 8210A Colonial Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20910 between 8:30 A.M. and 5:30 P.M. on weekdays and between 1 P.M. and 5:30 P.M. on the weekends.
Recipe for a Successful Shepherd's Table Food Drive:
- Generously sprinkle your food drives throughout the year. Our clients need resources all year long, not just around the holidays.
- Add a dash of items from our wish list. Actually, add more than a dash. Emphasizing these items in your advertising helps insure that your gift will be fully used at Shepherd’s Table.
- Leave out any opened items or items with expired dates. We cannot accept these donations for the safety of our clients.
- Carefully sift. Separating the items by type (i.e. corn, peas, carrots, etc.) is very helpful to us. If you’re having a school drive, it’s easy to assign each grade a specific type of donated item (i.e. 1st grade=corn, 2nd grade=peas).
- Slice into generous portions. We serve an average of 145 dinners each evening and need to make food in large quantities. Obscure products (i.e. artichoke hearts) and products meant to be prepared in small quantities (i.e. microwave soup for one) are not useful to us.
- Invite us to the table. Give us a call and let us know that you’re planning a food drive and when you would like to drop off the proceeds. That way we can be prepared to accept your generous gift!
The Shepherd's Table
8210A Colonial Lane
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
2. Website Information Accuracy
It is the policy of The Shepherd's Table to present correct and accurate information. If inaccuracies come to our attention, The Shepherd's Table will attempt to correct them in a timely manner. To report any Website inaccuracies please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-585-6463.
The Shepherd's Table seeks to respect and protect the privacy of our visitors and only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information may be collected in order to complete a donation transaction or a volunteer application. The Shepherd's Table does not share donors lists or donor information with any other organization.
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information used by The Shepherd's Table to send promotional correspondences or information to the visitor, by contacting The Shepherd's Table via U.S. mail, e-mail at email@example.com, or telephone at 301-585-6463, or by checking the appropriate box on the on-line form.
At times, The Shepherd's Table may be required by law or legal process to disclose information about you to others. The Shepherd's Table may also disclose information about you if it believes that disclosure is necessary for the public interest and/or safety.
6. The Shepherd's Table does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information.
Our site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Because we care about the safety and security of your online transactions, we use high-grade encryption and the https security protocol which is the industry standard security protocol. This makes it difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high-grade encryption and security protocols. Even though The Shepherd's Table will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal and financial information, it cannot and does not guarantee its confidentiality or security. If you prefer, contributions can be made by calling 301-585-6463, or you can mail your donation to:
The Shepherd's Table
8210A Colonial Lane
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
8. Limitation on Liability
By using The Shepherd's Table Website you agree that The Shepherd's Table, its affiliates, officers, agents, directors and employees are not liable to you for any negligence claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to the use of this Website or any information you provide to The Shepherd's Table. You expressly agree to assume the entire risk of the quality and performance of this Website and the accuracy or completeness of its content.
9. Changes to Website and Policies
10. Your Acceptance of Policy
Terms and Conditions for Use Statement
Limitation on Liability
The Shepherd's Table will not be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure. The Shepherd's Table will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site or a site which is linked to this site, even if there is negligence on the part of The Shepherd's Table or an authorized representative.
The materials on this site are provided "AS IS" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. The Shepherd's Table disclaims all warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Shepherd's Table does not warrant that the functions contained in the material will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Shepherd's Table does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the result of the use of the material in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
All materials posted on this site are owned by The Shepherd's Table and subject to copyright. All rights reserved. The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of The Shepherd's Table appearing on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity without The Shepherd's Table prior express written permission.