Shepherd’s Table’s mission is to provide help to people who are homeless or in need by providing basic services, including meals, social services, medical support, clothing, and other assistance in an effective and compassionate manner.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the week, brunch and dinner on the weekends and holidays
- Information/referrals, mailing address, telephone, prescription assistance, and more in the Resource Center
- Weekly Clothes Closet program
- Eye exams and prescription glasses in the Eye Clinic
- Bilingual Counselor services
Located in downtown Silver Spring, Shepherd’s Table serves individuals from all walks of life, experiencing a unique set of challenges, from homelessness, unemployment, mental health challenges, substance abuse, physical disabilities, and more.
Shepherd’s Table, along with partner agencies and the County, is working towards preventing and ending homelessness for all residents, one person at a time.
Since 1983, Shepherd’s Table has been a necessary and effective resource welcoming and serving those in need within Silver Spring, and is largely supported by private donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, and religious organizations. Located in a building owned by Montgomery County, we also receive financial support from Montgomery County and the Maryland Emergency Food Program.