Located in downtown Silver Spring, Shepherd’s Table serves individuals from all walks of life, experiencing a unique set of challenges, from homelessness, unemployment, mental health challenges, substance abuse, physical disabilities, and more.
Shepherd’s Table, along with partner agencies and the County, is working towards preventing and ending homelessness for all residents, one person at a time.
Since 1983, Shepherd’s Table has been a necessary and effective resource welcoming and serving those in need within Silver Spring, and is largely supported by private donations from individuals, businesses, foundations, and religious organizations. Located in a building owned by Montgomery County, we also receive financial support from Montgomery County and the Maryland Emergency Food Program.
The mission of Shepherd’s Table is to improve quality of life, create a pathway towards self-sufficiency, and inspire hope for the most vulnerable experiencing food insecurity, homelessness, and poverty. We welcome all to our community table for meals and access to social services, provided with compassion and respect.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the week, brunch and dinner on the weekends and holidays
• Information/referrals, mailing address, telephone, prescription assistance, and more in the Resource Center
• Weekly Clothes Closet program
• Eye exams and prescription glasses in the Eye Clinic
• Bilingual Counselor services
Our vision is a community where lives are transformed with nourishment, empowerment and care. The organization’s values are as followings:
• Acceptance: We welcome everyone to the Table, and believe that each person should be treated with dignity and kindness.
• Reliability: We are a constant and trusted resource for people in need. We are committed to providing healthy meals and social services for our clients every day.
• Teamwork: We value the ongoing collaboration, partnership and support needed to fulfill our mission. Together, we will design and implement innovative solutions to meet our community’s needs.
SHEPHERD'S TABLE: By The Numbers (2020)
Breakfast Meals Served — 6,240
Lunch Meals Served — 11,110
Dinner Meals Served — 45,945
Brunch Meals Served — 34,184
Meals Distributed Through Beyond the Table — 5,643
Individual contacts — 9,703
Unduplicated clients — 1,271
New Clients — 376
Telephone — 131
Bus tokens — 932
Prescriptions filled — 362
Mailing logged in — 20,180
Lawyer visits — 30
Blanket distributed — 82
CLOTHES CLOSET & EYE CLINIC
Armario de Ropa — 472
Eye exams — 149
Eyeglasses — 101
Cataract and glaucoma referrals — 21
Cataract and glaucoma treatment — 14